Driver Authorization


To obtain authorization to drive a university vehicle you are required to read the Statewide Fleet Policies and Procedures.

If your authorization has been revoked and your position requires travel on behalf of the University, please read: TER and Drivers Authorization.

You may pick up a hard copy at the Physical Plant or any Dean's office on campus. Please complete the required form(s) that pertains to you and return the form(s) to the Risk Management office located at the Physical Plant/Giese Facilities Maintenance building. You will be notified within two weeks whether or not you meet the requirements to be a university authorized driver. Again, please allow up to two weeks for your request to be processed and approved.

OUT OF STATE DRIVERS: Per University of Wisconsin System Administrative Procedure 615.A, you will need to provide a current certified driver abstract from the state of issuance when you submit your Vehicle Use Agreement to the Risk Management Office.  This is required annually for Staff, Faculty, and LTE.  It is also required for students and volunteers who are applying to be authorized drivers.


Complete the following form if you have had a Wisconsin driver's license for:



Complete the following form(s) if you have had a Wisconsin driver's license for: 



NOTE: Volunteers who are not University employees and wish to drive a fleet vehicle for official University business or employees inquiring about driving 10-15 passenger vans need to obtain paperwork directly from the Office of Safety and Risk Management.

Footer Anchor