CSS to Hide Title
WELCOME TO THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
The Financial Aid Office at UW-Platteville assists students in financing their educational expenses through state, federal and institutional programs. When administering these programs, our dedicated staff works with all prospective and current students, families, and members of the campus community. We strive to embrace emerging technologies, uphold the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, honesty and integrity, in order to support the overall mission of the university by seeking to enhance enrollment, increase retention and encourage the academic success of our students while still adhering to federal, state and institutional regulations.
Types of Aid
A variety of options are available to help students in financing their education, including:
Grants: Awarded to students based on financial need and federal guidelines
- Money awarded as grants does not require repayment
Loans: Students borrow the money through education loans available from the federal government and from private lenders.
- Loans require repayment
Scholarships: Scholarships of varying amounts are available for new and continuing students
- Scholarship applications and deadlines vary
Student employment: Federal work-study and regular student employment program
- 1,500 to 1,800 on-campus jobs for students
Additional programs offered
- Veteran's Programs: Assistance and information on benefits and local, state and federal resources for veterans, service members and military dependents.
- Tri-State Initiative: A discount on out-of-state tuition for eligible Illinois and Iowa students.
- Minnesota/Wisconsin Reciprocity: A tuition reciprocity agreement between Wisconsin and Minnesota stipulates that residents of Minnesota can attend Wisconsin institutions at the approved reciprocity tuition rate.
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Students with disabilities may be eligible for DVR benefits. Contact the Wisconsin DVR or your local DVR office.